The girls and I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen this summer. There are so many kitchen tools to choose from, but few that we really use over and over. A few of my favorites:
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer: a must-have in any baking arsenal. I have the Commercial series with the jumbo motor for extra big batches of cookies, bread, and mashed potatoes.
- Nespresso Citiz w/ Milk Frother: You know that 3 PM slump? This is the answer. In 2 minutes I have a cup of espresso and frothed milk for the afternoon pick-me-up. And no beans to clean up!
- Microplane Grater-Zester: Citrus zest, grated nutmeg, and cinnamon sprinkles are a complete cinch with this tool. A working kitchen should always have one of these.
- Silicone Basting Brush: great for grilling and baking; easy to clean and can withstand high heat.
- Immersion Hand Blender: Used for smoothies, soups, and my all-time favorite use is for emulsifying homemade salad dressings in no time.
- Ipod Docking station: Perched on the kitchen counter, we like to crank the tunes while whipping up the recipes.
- Vintage Basket: Useful for storing kitchen utensils or tools, cute enough to take on a picnic.
- White tea towels: I know it's not a gadget, but I always have a stack of fresh kitchen towels with pretty prints on standby and go through several a day.
What are YOUR favorites for the kitchen?